ACTIVITIES AT HOME
Here are some suggestions from the teachers at The Bridge Academy for ways you can entertain yourself, help others and keep learning while you are at home!
Staying safe online is really important when we are all spending more time at home. This guide for parents gives top-tips for staying safe online.
BBC Bitesize are offering daily lessons which complement some of the learning that you are doing at Bridge.
Staying active - the Bridge PE team have put together a daily fitness programme which students are following every morning. We’d love to hear how you get on with the programme, email your teachers to let them know!
Being Creative - you can take some time over the holiday to be creative and develop your Art and Design skills
- Printmaking Project - we're really keen to see what you can create! Send photos of your completed work to your Art teacher.
- Bridge Photography Competition - a weekly opportunity to show your creativity
- Make your own 'zine - find a topic you're passionate about
Reading and writing - this is a great opportunity to get stuck into a good book or do some creative writing
- *New* June Library Letter - its interesting, funny, helpful and shows off some great student work! In case you missed it, the May library letter is here.
- Free Audio Books - there are lots of free audio books you can listen to here
- Storytelling activities that you could use with your friends and family
Researching and Learning - we’d love to see what you can research while spending more time at home.
- National Geographic have got some ideas for activities you could be doing at home.
- You can use this framework to create a project you can share with your teachers.
Cooking - this is a great time to try cooking for your family at home. These sites will help you find recipes for whatever you have in the fridge or cupboard:
Virtual Visits - we can visit all sorts of places virtually while we are staying safe at home
- The British Museum in Central London
- The Louvre in Paris
- The planet Mars
- Yellowstone National Park in the United States of America
Music - you should practice your instrument for at least 20 minutes, 5 times a week. The Bridge Music department have put together tutorials and sheet music collections for you to use while at home.