Your child will be kept informed of their Attendance Group on a weekly basis.
If your child’s attendance falls below 93% you may be required to attend a meeting at the Academy to discuss this.
It is important that parents/carers monitor single day’s absence, as these days soon add up to weeks.
If you are concerned about the ‘Focus on Attendance’, there are important steps that you can take:
- Ensure the Academy has up to date addresses and telephone numbers. We will contact you by text through the automated system if your child is absent and you have not contacted the Academy. This ensures that truancy is quickly identified.
- If your child is ill, contact the Academy on the first day of absence and provide an explanatory note on their return to the Academy.
- If no contact is received regarding the absence, it is recorded as unauthorised. Ultimately the Academy is responsible for deciding if the absence is acceptable or not. Only genuine absence will be authorised. You will be asked to provide medical certificates if your child has a poor attendance record.
- Ensure that medical appointments are made outside of Academy time.
- Holidays should not be taken in Academy time. Any Leave of Absence can only be agreed by the Headteacher and only exceptional circumstances will be considered.
- Please respond to Academy letters or telephone calls regarding attendance and punctuality.
- Contact your child’s tutor or Director of Learning if you are experiencing difficulty in getting your child into the Academy.
Thank you for working in partnership with us to achieve the highest possible levels of attendance and punctuality at The Bridge Academy.