WHO DO WE WORK WITH?
At The Bridge Academy because of financial support from UBS, we work with an enormous range of partners in addition to UBS.
The wealth of experience and opportunities that these organisations provide makes The Bridge Academy experience second to none for our students.
SUPPORTING THE PROGRESSION PROGRAMME
We work with several organisations with the aim of developing employability skills and ensuring our students make informed choices about life after The Bridge Academy.
Partners include The Brokerage, Enabling Enterprise, Future First, Hackney Careers Collaborative, Hackney University Extension, Inspire!, Prospects and Pure Potential.
- Music: The Barbican and London Symphony Orchestra
- P.E.: Laburnum Boat Club and SportInspired
During our PSHE Days we are able to work with a range of expert organisations to deliver our PSHE programme including:
- Brook on sexual health and well-being
- Chickenshed to tackle knife crime
- Enabling Enterprise on politics and enterprise
- Forward to promote healthy relationships
- St Giles Trust and the Hackney Prevent Team to tackle extremism
- Stonewall and UBS's Pride Network's workshop to tackle bullying, homophobia, biphobia and transphobia
- Tender to prevent sexual bullying and cyberbullying
- The Self-Esteem Team on body image
- Place2Be - Supports and encourages well-being for students, teachers, parents and carers. At Bridge, the organisation offers lunchtime self-referral services (Place2Talk) and appointments. It is the leading UK provider of school-based emotional and mental health services.
Selected students benefit from support provided by Action Tutoring, Hackney Pirates, Ministry of Stories and ReachOut.
Debate Mate - Debating at Bridge is very successful.
2017/18 National Debate Mate Champions. The Bridge is one of only three schools to have won both the Urban Debate League and the Debate Mate Cup. Students have represented Britain internationally.
The Duke of Edinburgh Awards are flourishing with increasing numbers of students choosing to do the Gold and Silver Awards.
Envision - Bridge team won the 2017 competition. The 2018 team set a competition record for the only London team to be awarded the full £100 of investment after a Dragon's Den style presentation of their creative plans and won the overall Teamwork Skills Award.