The Bridge Academy Sixth Form opened in September 2012 and we were delighted to welcome our first cohort of students joining us on our ambitious journey.
The Bridge Academy is truly, "A Bridge to Your Future."
With the full support and commitment of UBS, our outstanding partner, our Sixth Form is unique and different from any other. This close relationship with UBS means that our Academy is well placed to offer each student high quality work experience, a dedicated career mentor and a range of support across the curriculum.
The UBS-Bridge Academy Partnership is based on shared ambition to build a continuous programme that gives students superb opportunities to work with UBS employees, providing a positive impact of their achievement, attainment and personal development.
For our students this means:
- Curriculum contributions from experts and/or support from graduates in Mathematics, Economics, IT and Computer Science, Physics, and Sustainability (Geography).
- Personal development with opportunities to participate in the Duke of Edinburgh Awards, Envision Community Apprenticeship Programme and annual Sixth Form Dinners at UBS.
- Exceptional preparation for life beyond the Bridge with a full time Higher Education and Careers Manager, regular contact with business volunteers, insights from former Bridge students, work placements, employability skills workshops, a biennial Progression Fair, careers sector evenings, workplace visits, visits to university and partnerships with expert organisations including The Brokerage, Future First, Hackney Careers Collaborative, Inspire! Pathways Careers Training and Mentoring, and Pure Potential.
- As part of UBS's volunteering programme all Sixth Form students have the opportunity to have a mentor, a practice interview, their CV reviewed and to apply for a work placement at UBS.
- With financial support from UBS, our Future Pathways Fund supports students to visit universities and participate in taster courses.
- Superb resources.
- Funds from UBS have been invested in digital technology, making Bridge a great place to learn.
- Recent investments include specialist equipment for Art, Drama and Design and Technology.
- Our cutting edge Sixth Form building provides a dedicated space for Year 12 and 13 students, has an additional suite of Macs with industry standard software for our Media courses.
- The IT facilities are used by Open University students, and we use them to run coding clubs for local primary schools and adult IT courses.
- The Bridge Academy is an inspirational and award-winning building. Its innovative design and sense of light and space make it friendly, welcoming and a creative place to learn. There is a dedicated Sixth Form area where students can study, socialise, read and relax.
Priority for our 125 places will be given to existing Bridge Academy students.
For A Level courses applicants will need six 4-9 grades including English and Mathematics with a minimum of a grade 6 in their chosen subjects. Students wishing to study Mathematics at A Level must have a grade 7 at GCSE. For vocational qualifications applicants will need five or more GCSEs at grades 4-9 or a minimum Pass in a relevant Level 2 vocational course. In recognition of our Mathematics and Music specialisms we offer five places to external applicants under our over-subscription criteria. Full information regarding our Admissions Policy and Oversubscription Criteria can be found on www.learningtrust.co.uk and www.bridgeacademy.hackney.sch.uk.
In the event of a place not being offered, the applicant has the right of appeal to an independent appeals panel. More information regarding this appeals process can be found HERE and HERE.
Vice Principal in charge of Key Stage 5: Ms Alison Underwood
Head of Sixth Form: Mr Warren Gourley
Deputy Head of Sixth Form: Mr Hugh Fox
Sixth Form Administrator: Ms Karen McMahon
Higher Education and Careers Manager: Ms Diana Mensah
The Bridge Academy
Laburnum Street, London E2 8BA
T: 020 77495240